Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Some Good News

So my doctors gave me some good news today.  Following the rape, they did a series of
tests (twice) to determine my condition and expected recovery.  Don't worry, I'm free of STDs and not pregnant.  However there was some significant damage to my cervix and posterior fourchette that arose concerns of whether or not I would be able to have children later on.  The doctors tell me that these injuries are common among rape victims and take time to heal.  They became concerned primarily due to two reasons:  I'm very petite and I was laying unconscious and bleeding in the snow and sub zero temperatures for an unknown amount of time.  So on to the good news.  It turns out that all the damage I sustained down there is expected to heal normally without complications.  So it turns out I can have kids at some point down the road.  I'm not planning on it for a long time, I'm only 20, but it is nice to have some solace in the fact that my life hasn't been completely gutted and stolen from me. 

I still hurt like hell and feel like shit.  There's still a long way to go. 

I did get to see some snow fall today out my window.

Time for my medically induced sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment