Tuesday, February 28, 2012

50/50 Day

So today started out much earlier than I had originally intended.  Of course staying up to
12:30 last night probably wasn't such a hot idea considering I had to wake up at 5 am.  I was fine until I started to drive to school, then I got punched in the face by the yawn monster and it lasted nearly all damn day.  The morning was somehow fairly productive.  I was able to finish two of my papers and I think I did a fairly good job on both (we'll see when it's graded).  Then I went to another class and apparently everything I have been working on for the past week is incorrect.  So now I'm feeling like I have reached an unrecoverable point.  I can take criticism, especially the constructive kind.  But dammit was I getting ripped apart today.  I almost felt the urge to cry for some reason.  That has never happened to me before.  I expressed what I thought I knew regarding the subject, which was of course completely wrong, and she was able to see how that mistake was steering my decisions.  So from that point on I started getting some useful and helpful advice.  It's really hard for me sometimes.  I know I am my own worst enemy and beat myself up pretty hard about things sometimes.  I guess I just strive for perfection every time.  I've always had this impression growing up, and event today, that I'm not good enough.  Whether that be for a school, a job position, a significant other...I just seem to get that impression.  Perhaps it is me just looking into things too much.  Well, here's to keeping my head up.  Cheers bitches.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya about being your own worst critic. Im the same way. Let me ask you this though as far as "not being good enough" How many people Ace everything in schoool all the time? Your in college which is better then alot do. Job position, how old are you? Job market here is crap atm so everybody is haveing a hard time. Significant other....Now I dont know you all that well yet, but am slowly learning more about you as I read and hopefully chat with you, but what I ahve seen and read intrigues me

    ReplyDelete