Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Update: GOD DAMMIT

So I wrote this insightful, lengthy post and accidentally deleted it.  Apparently you cannot recover that.  So fuck, here's my second attempt at getting the same message across.  This will probably be somewhat truncated, but here we go:

So I quit Facebook.  Deleted.  I just
wasn't that into it.  I didn't use it that much and I even had the app on my phone but still didn't use it enough.  Plus I fell into a "Myspace" trap of accepting friend requests from people I didn't know because "Oh he's cute" and "She's hot/Likes to go out and have fun."  I had a LOT of friends on there prior to this blowing it out of proportion.  Friends I had grown up, went to high school and college with, friends from my friends (whom I had met) while visiting with my friends attending different universities, work colleagues, the usual.  I think the whole thing really starts when you end up doing the friend of a friend.  Granted they are usually pretty cool people, but I have only interacted with them a couple of times.  So as my friend list is expanding, mostly with people I don't exactly know, I find myself interacting less with my real friends.  Then I get the usual crowd of people that are creepers or steal your stuff.  This in turn leads to me setting my albums to private.  As things progress, I just decided "fuck it" as I still contact my friends through texting, email, or just plain old phone and we actually physically meet.

Speaking of Myspace, remember when it was good?  Like the clean version without all the complex source code to "Pimp My Profile" and when people actually included info about themselves and not the 1000 pictures cluttering their page that didn't have much to do with who they were?  Oh, and the viruses embedded within this coding.  THAT was always fun to deal with.  Somehow I think Pinterest became the bastard child of people posting random shit all over their profile.  I still don't understand Pinterest and I think that says a lot as it appears to be directed towards my demographic.

In short, some of my Facebook friends will read this and realize all is well on the western front.  My last cryptic status update before going dark worried some people that i may have hurt myself or something.  Nah, I am not going that route.  I do have some personal dark shit that I have to deal with because I suppress it, but that's what my blog is for.  Too many people on Facebook got worried about me writing things like that.  Hey, you need to get your thoughts and feelings out because it's healthy and therapeutic.  It's the people that don't who seem to have the larger issues as a result. 

I always seem to neglect social media.  I may not be the most frequent blogger, but I will stick with this.  It's a great avenue for me to vent, share stuff, and work through some painful stuff.  Believe me, there is no shortage of that anytime soon.  I'll also start posting some writings.  I really want to finish my "Untitled Story" but I don't like how the second part came out.  More on that topic later.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment